Sunday, May 26, 2013

Polo Frenzie

Hmmm, I have been absent for a while haven't I?  Catching up with the spring projects, mostly outside and of course long work days.  But, yes have been knitting!

I just finished a tweed polo in blue shades, I refuse to sew up the tedious seams until I have the part in need for my linker.  It was shipped from UK and will take a while.  So on to the next!

Diana Sullivan just released her Knit Leader Course <(click there).  Last night I watched her DVD's then re-read my instruction book; did a swatch.  This morning I mapped out my polo on the knit leader mylar sheet.  Was planning to use a men's sewing pattern for a dress shirt but there is way too much ease in a men's dress shirt.

What to do?  I took a favorite polo shirt and simply traced directly from the shirt!  Keep in mind when you knit you are using a very small seam allowance; sewing patterns us a 5/8" or 1.5 cm allowance.  So tracing a favorite garment is practical indeed.

Take a look below, off to put a new pond pump in before it gets too hot outside.

Polo Shirt
P.S.  Diana Sullivan is working on a great book for machine knitting, no DVD's with this one.  She has asked me to to proof read it, make suggestions and what photo's I think are needed.  Diana wants me to be brutally honest.  Another very fun thing, always like working/testing with her and on her projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment