Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ribber Cast On & Weighting Your Ribber

Sorry haven't posted in a few, been very hectic at work as we just moved to a new facility and it was very chaotic with very, very, long days.  Now I am back to my usual self and routine.

If you read patterns and watch videos everyone seems to have their own concept on when to hang ribber weights during the cast on process.

I am sure, if you are like me, you have tried following the pattern instructions on how to cast on with your ribber and "when" to hang the weights.

As a result of my getting distracted one day I found what works best for me, that is....
  • I do my zig-zag row at the tightest tension
  • Hang the comb (enough weight in itself)
  • Knit at least (sweaters I do 5) three-(3) circular rows at T1
  • Change to plain knitting (ready to rib) and knit two rows at MT
  • Hang the weights and continue to knit per your projects instructions

When doing this I find a neater,  stretchier and even cast on.  Give it a go, you'll like it!

P.S.  Take a look at how nice entrelac can be (even though not finished yet); Diana's idea "in progress" is an evening bag:

No comments:

Post a Comment