Friday, June 1, 2012

Buttonhole Idea Challenge Photo

"Blonde" left a comment for me to post a picture so you can get a better idea of what I am knitting the buttonhole and band on (help us help you).  She was right, how could I expect "new" ideas if you didn't see the project.  I am looking for a neat, trim and tailored buttonhole, wanting to knit a stockinette band right on the edges.

So, a big thank you to "Blonde" and here is the project:

Looking For A New Button Hole Method
Any new ideas or method?

2 comments:

  1. There was a page titled 'Roz's Buttonholes' that I accessed at one time. I don't know if it is still up but you could google it & see. Sorry I can't be of more help. S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever done i-cord buttonhole bands? They're cute, easy to do on a machine, and can be applied by hand, so you choose how big to make the buttonholes and where to put the buttons!
    You can see nice examples on Kate Davies blog. http://katedaviesdesigns.com/2012/05/03/blaithin/
    http://katedaviesdesigns.com/2012/05/07/blaithin-junior/
    Don't forget that Kate also has a steek "sandwich" in there, which you don't need!

    I've also done very simple button bands by hanging the edge of the sweater on the machine and depending on the look I was looking for, knitting a few rows of either reverse stockinette, or regular jersey, allowing it to just roll away! ;-)

    ReplyDelete