Saturday, June 29, 2013

Las Vegas Heat & Diana Sullivan

It's hot here, VERY hot.  As I write this at 9:30 p.m. it is still 110 deg F (43 C)!  Today it was 120 deg F or 48.9 C!  Not much we can do but stay indoors in the air conditioning.   Every home and building has air conditioning here.  We are the #2 city in the US for most days per year over 100 deg F (37.7 C), Phoenix, Arizona  is # 1.

After all these years of knowing Diana Sullivan we finally meet!   Diana is in Las Vegas as she attended a CPA Seminar here.  She  invited me to have a "good meal" with her and her great husband John.  We initially planned dinner for today but, with the high heat my days at work were extended so we had to make it a lunch date for tomorrow.

Diana and I have become friends over time and have shared many personal things and of course sharing a lot of machine knitting info.  Diana filmed and posted (on YouTube) my no sew circular hat design (2 years ago).  I helped Diana with her "Wear Your Diamonds & Footnotes Books" test knitting and sending her my input (some of my photos are in her Footnotes book).  Diana recently asked for my help with her latest project, a large book,  "100 Ways To Improve Your Machine Knitting."  This is going to be an awesome book, full of lots of clear direction, suggestions and techniques.  Her latest video on the knit leader will get you using yours like a pro.

I am looking forward to tomorrow as I am sure it will be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment