Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tuck Stitch Crew Neck Sweater...For Mikey

Last year when my dog Mikey was still a 6 month old puppy I made him a few sweaters on my standard electronic, he loved them!

Now that he is 1-1/2 years old he has outgrown them and time for new ones.

The other evening I wanted to make something fast for him, so I went to my bulky machine and created the below tuck stitch sweater for him; it's just over 4 ounces of worsted weight yarn.

Mikey is about 30 pounds, a Terrier & Sheltie mix and my best friend.  Notice it is anatomically correct too!  Some of the dog sweaters I have seen use straps, elastic or the back is some sort of flap that just sits on top of the dogs back.  Not liking those, I made this in true pullover fashion.

I have all my notes, gauge and etc. that I will type up later in the week and send to those who may like to make one too.

Folded In Half -  How It Will Look On Mikey

Underside Back
 Now, to get Mikey to pose for a picture...


7 comments:

  1. SaMikey will surely be happy to have a sweater so perfect good Tom
    Vanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Sweater; like the tuck detail.
    I recently finished a hoodie dog sweater for my Shih Tzu. It was a hand knitting pattern that I redesigned for my mid-gauge. I've put a photo of it on my blog http://addicted2machineknitting.blogspot.co.uk/p/gallery.html
    You've got a great blog.
    Thanks
    Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val, I was going to make a hoodie but, it's not that cold here except very early in the morning. Great blog you have, I am now a member, nice items you knit!

      Delete
  3. This article was written by a real thinking writer. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back.dog hoodie

    ReplyDelete